Monday, March 17, 2008

This Deer Season


God really blessed my family last deer season. My oldest daughter bagged her first. A nice 9pt. She is a great little hunter. She is very conscientious, quiet, and patient. She has paid very close attention to me as I took her on hunts with me before she was big enough to shoot. On her first hunt where she could shoot, God rewarded her. She choreographed the whole thing and actually stalked the deer within about 50 yards, and took the good, clean, instant kill shot. The only problem is I think she may now be ruined. I have told her that it usually is not that easy.

My story is a good example of this. I shot my deer in Nov. and did not find it until about three months later. The coyotes had a good meal and the buzzards and bugs finished it up. Oh, well. I got the head, an 8pt, that Robert in holding to the left. We filled the rest of our tags with doe and filled the freezer. Tessa decided to donate her meat to a very poor single mom, and they were very grateful. Thank the Lord for the bounty of the earth.

2 comments:

Brett Stewart said...

Rob,
What a great insight to your family and your wonderful children. They are such a special gift and we only have them around for a short time.

BusyMomOf4 said...

I will have to pass these pics on to Chip. :) He will be so proud!!